🐼 Who we are
Alan is the one-stop health partner offering personalized healthcare & wellbeing to our members. Founded in 2016, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986(e)
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company.
Alan covers over 300,000 members, representing over €160m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183 million in a Series E funding round, bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn(e)The team is 500+ people and growing(e)We are also operating in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
👉 About the role
Product designers at Alan are at the forefront of building our product(s), taking them from inception to completion(e)They work hand in hand with product managers, researchers, and engineers to ensure we create meaningful and human experiences that improve the health of our members(e)The community of designers is vibrant and inclusive; we are all learning, growing, and improving together!
As a senior product designer, you will be expected to:
- Develop a product vision and enable teams to explore, ideate, and experiment towards it(e)When required, you should be able to autonomously take product bets from zero to one.
- Communicate transversally and be a compelling storyteller, employing written visual and verbal techniques.
- Build an understanding of our members to nurture product thinking and transform insights into actionable opportunities(e)
- Maintain strong working relationships and collaborate with product managers, researchers, and engineers, from identifying problems and opportunities to finding solutions and delivering the product(s).
- Develop and evangelize design understanding and sensibility across the organization, improving ways of working and design processes.
- Mentor junior designers, increasing collective performance and quality across the team.
- Deliver a UI consistent with Alan’s brand with thoughtful design choices and a high-quality bar in delivering products.
- Contribute to the design system with components documentation for designers and engineers.
- Evaluate and maintain the quality of Alan’s product through continuous monitoring and testing.
- Minimum 6 years of experience designing and building product(s).
- Shipped high-quality products within a product and engineering team.
- Previous experience in coaching junior designers(e)
- Detail-oriented, with expertise in UX, UI, and visual design(e)Able to deliver production-ready assets for development(e)
- Fluency in English is required(e)French is not mandatory.
🙌 Products you may work on
- Company experience: Enable companies to subscribe to Alan and manage their employees' health insurance efficiently.
- Member experience: Help members access and use their healthcare and services.
- Better life: Empower members to take care of their health with health services such as Alan Mind for mental health, Alan Clinic, and others.
- Internal tools: Support Care, Health, and Sales teams with efficient tools to best serve members.
🤘 Our values & culture
At Alan, we have a set of values that underpin and guide our work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, and our shareholders third.
- Distributed ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest communication style.
- Personal & team growth. We self-improve while helping others grow(e)Together we edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backward(e)We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable problems(e)
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Studies show that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy and a transparent career path.
- We have a flexible leave policy and working hours.
- We trust people to work remotely.
- We offer extended parental leave and count it as professional experience(e)
- We respect our coworkers' gender identity and use their names, pronouns, and agreements no matter their legal status(e)
🙌 Perks & benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees(e)We provide Alaners with a stimulating environment and perks that allow them to focus on what’s important(e)
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Fantastic office spaces in our headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs, or a full-remote experience with sponsored home office equipment.
- We reward fairly(e)Competitive salary and equity packages.
- All the tools you need. Top of-the-range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and noise-canceling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A flexible training policy, free books, and a budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave & daycare solutions (France only).