Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual, casual mobile App for a wide audience(e)It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative, and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020 and Best Workplace 2021(e)More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation(e)Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market(e)Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious, and challenging projects(e)Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously, and delivering with the best execution.
Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a center for fulfillment and excellence(e)
Daily life at Voodoo is characterized by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects(e)
What will be your main challenges?
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Analyst, deeply passionate about data-driven decisions and transforming raw data into clear actionable business insights, who will play a key role in the development of Blitz, our real-money gaming platform.
- Analyzing large, complex data sets representing the behavior of hundreds of thousands of players to address strategic and operational business questions
- Provide actionable recommendations and conclusions from game data to shape features, game economy, and future product roadmap
- Work closely with the product, tech and live ops teams to drive insights that will drive towards monetization and retention improvements
- Build automated dashboards and reports to facilitate understanding of key business metrics and players’ experience
What do we expect?
- You have a passion for mass-market mobile apps and games
- BA/B.Sc in Statistics / Math / Engineering/ Economy or other quantitative fields
- 3+ years of experience
- Ability to turn complex concepts into actionable recommendations
- True passion for understanding consumers’ social gaming behavior and tolerance for ambiguity
- Experience setting up tracking and a/b testing plan for a mobile application or game
- Be fluent in French and English
Nice to have
- Experience in the Gaming industry, especially with mobile casual games
- Experience in the Gambling industry
- Experience working with Mixpanel
- Advanced knowledge in statistical tools and models
- Data :Athena, Redshift, Airflow, DBT, Tableau/Redash
- Blitz App & backend :
- AWS Cloud Services: S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, SES, kubernetes, Lambda
- Ops: Jenkins, Git (Github/Bitbucket), AWS CLI, Microservices architecture, Continuous delivery
- Database: SQL (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB), MongoDB
- Cache: Redis
- Mobile: iOS, Android
- Productivity: Trello, Slack, Notion, Discord, GDrive
What is your team about?
Blitz is a gaming platform launched by Voodoo in 2021, allowing players to compete on mobile games for real cash prizes (head-up, tournaments, leagues, etc.)(e)It is leveraging Voodoo’s unique game portfolio to engage users in a fun and rewarding way.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let's discuss the possibilities!