At ManoMano, we bet on passionate and innovative people! Are you looking for a great environment to grow professionally and personally ?
Join us in this tremendous adventure !
Launched in 2013, ManoMano
is the European leader specialised in DIY, home improvement and gardening online. ManoMano brings together the largest offer of DIY & gardening online products(e)With more than 3600 seller partners, 10 million products, 7M active customers and 50M unique visitors per month, ManoMano is a disruptor of online home improvement, DIY and gardening across 6 countries : France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom.
ManoMano was valued at $2.6 billion and reached Unicorn status in July 2021 after $725 million raised 8 years after its creation.
ManoMano also works for the pros with ManoManoPro, a unique platform designed to make life easier and free building craftsmen from their daily constraints(e)Currently in France, Spain and Italy, the BtoB activity saves craftsmen time by revolutionizing their purchasing processes.
We currently are more than 900 Manas & Manos, including a quarter of international talents and 24 nationalities, working in our 4 offices (Paris x2, Bordeaux and Barcelona).
Our vision, as a responsible European B2C and B2B industry leader online, is to offer a unique value proposition on our HI markets, beyond product to services, to be an A Brand(e)Our ManoMano way of life, within business hypergrowth, is to always keep the human dimension at its right place(e)Empowering people to responsibly make their own kind of world is our mission.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE 💙
People are at the heart of ManoMano’s culture around our 3 core values : boldness, ingenuity and responsibility.
The Catalog Gear
The Catalog Gear at Manomano is the sub-organization in Manomano Tech, that is responsible for all the business processes, functionalities and systems that enable manomano to manage its vast yet curated catalog of 10 Million products.
- 7 feature teams and growing
- 30+ Microservices
- 3 Million offers from sellers are processed per hour
- 800 RPS on one of our read-only databases that powers some part of the visitor journey
Our distributed systems heavily leverage Apache Kafka for streaming, our microservices are written using either Java, Kotlin, GoLang among others(e)React is our toolbelt for writing UIs while we use K8S to run our services(e)
As an Engineering Lead at Manomano your key responsibilities include
- Leading, coaching & mentoring the team of - ∼7 engineers
- Setting SMART (Specific, Mesurable, Assignable, Realistic and Time-related) goals & monitoring individual & team objectives & KPIs
- Motivating and empowering the teams to enhance engagement and performance
- Designing and developing features with a high quality standard in collaboration with fellow leads and architects
- Learning & teaching through code reviews
- Improving the quality and testing of technical components
Must Have(e)As the Engineering Leader of one of the Feature Teams, some of the traits that we would be looking for are :
- Experience as a technical developer or/and manager
- Passion for leading teams
- Creative / Innovative and Data Driven in decision making
- Solid understanding of Microservices Architecture: DDD, SOLID, Distributed Systems, Event/Stream based architectures.
- Fluent in English
- Autonomous and adaptable (able to work in a constantly changing environment)
- Team oriented and excellent interpersonal skills, You want to make an impact and take on big complex issues
- Have experience from successful delivery of high-quality outcomes
Nice To Have
- Curious with a strong desire to test and experiment new solutions in your work
- New technologies / e-commerce have no secrets for you
- Experience with Hiring / Performance Management
The Tech Stack at Catalog
- Polyglot Systems - We use Python, Java (Spring Boot)
- Event Driven Architecture - Kafka (Kafka Stream)
- Data Persistence - CQRS, Postgres, MongoDB
- Containers deployed in AWS - EKS (with Kubernetes)
- Gitlab, Jira, Slack, CI/CD Automation, Quality Gates, Datadog
A FLEXIBLE WORKING CULTURE 🏡
5 to 7 weeks paid vacation
Flexible working hours
Attractive family policy (+1 month paid maternity leave +2 weeks paid co-parent leave, paid 100%)
Crafternoons : every Thursday afternoon (share your knowledge, learn from others)
Health care coverage
Paid volunteer time
Meal Voucher : Swile Card
Remote working allowance + home office equipment allowance
Possibility of attending an external conferences and external Meetups
MM employee discount
Take care of your mental health with our dedicated partner with moka.care
Sports: free gym in Paris
Phone / Zoom interview with a Talent Recruiter
- Zoom interview with the Engineering Manager
- Zoom interview with a Product Manager
- Zoom interview with the Head of Engineering
At ManoMano we are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce where each individual can grow.
We respect and value the richness of varied cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our teams which is why we are looking for talented people from all backgrounds.
The information collected on this form is recorded in a file used by ManoMano - Colibri SAS so that we can process your application.
The data is kept for 2 years from the date of your application(e)You can access your data, rectify it, request its deletion or exercise your right to limit the processing of your data(e)You can also exercise your right to the portability of your data(e)Consult the cnil.fr website for more information on your rights.
To exercise these rights or if you have any questions about the processing of your data under this scheme, you can contact our data protection officer by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If, after having contacted us, you feel that your "Data Protection" rights have not been respected, you may submit a complaint to the CNIL.