🐼 Who we are
Alan is the one-stop health partner offering personalized healthcare & wellbeing to our members. Founded in 2016, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986(e)
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company.
Alan covers over 300,000 members, representing over €160m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183 million in a Series E funding round, bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn(e)The team is 500+ people and growing(e)We are also operating in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
🧩 Context of the role
You will be part of theBusiness Strategy & Revenue Operations team, whose goal is to
- Define an ambitious strategy to achieve our business objectives and translate this into an actionable plan
- Monitor and explain our performance towards our business objectives
- Enable our Sales and AM teams to achieve these business objectives and become the most effective commercial teams in the tech industry (i.e., Sales and AM effectiveness, tools, analytics and training)
Across all these areas we work very closely with the Top Management, the Sales, Account Management and Go-to-Market teams(e)The scope is European (France, Belgium and Spain for the time being).
🎯 Your mission
You will be owning medium to large scale/complexity projects (depending on your skills and experience) on the Business Strategy and Planning area(e)These would include:
- Work closely with senior business leaders (Business leads, Insurance Lead, Marketing lead, CFO, CEO, etc.) to define Alan’s business plan
- Lead or support strategic explorations (e.g(e)new segment, new distribution models) to frame strategic decisions
- Frame business and resource allocation decisions (e.g(e)where to accelerate/slow down in terms of segments or products, where to deploy sales and marketing resources, how to optimize for short vs(e)long term, what are is the impact on metrics such as payback, LTV, CAC)
- Translate the plan into actionable sales objectives, ensuring their quality, scalability and accuracy
- Monitor closely results and executionto gather learnings and adjust where necessary, sharing key learnings with the community and the company on a monthly basis
- Propose adjustments to the plan on a quarterly basis and support Board preparation
We are open to all levels of seniority with relevant experience (see below)(e)We look above all for exceptional people motivated and committed in building one of the most effective Strategy and Planning team.
Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, bringing structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity
- Deep analytical rigour, bringing clarity on complex topics through deep insights
- Great Excel skills and moderate SQL knowledge
- At ease with B2B operational and financial metrics
- Passion for getting close to the business and Sales/Marketing teams and understanding the operational details of their work, not just the strategic ones
Communication and presence
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and align multiple stakeholders in a collaborative way
- Ability to build successful relationships with a broad range of stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Product and Finance and be seen as a trusted contributor/advisor
- Ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability and flexibility
- Great written and oral structure and communication
- Fluency in English
Background: 4+ years of experience within:
- Management consulting, investment banking or private equity
- Business strategy, sales strategy & operations, revenue operations or business finance/ strategic finance departments in a B2B company (preferably)
Nice to have
- French and Spanish knowledge
- Experience with BI and visualization tools (Metabase, Tableau) and Salesforce
- Experience in the SaaS/Tech sectors
- Exposure to large sales teams (100+)
🤘 Our values & culture
At Alan, we have a set of values that underpin and guide our work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, and our shareholders third.
- Distributed ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest communication style.
- Personal & team growth. We self-improve while helping others grow(e)Together we edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backward(e)We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable problems(e)
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Studies show that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy and a transparent career path.
- We have a flexible leave policy and working hours.
- We trust people to work remotely.
- We offer extended parental leave and count it as professional experience(e)
- We respect our coworkers' gender identity and use their names, pronouns, and agreements no matter their legal status(e)
🙌 Perks & benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees(e)We provide Alaners with a stimulating environment and perks that allow them to focus on what’s important(e)
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Fantastic office spaces in our headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs, or a full-remote experience with sponsored home office equipment.
- We reward fairly(e)Competitive salary and equity packages.
- All the tools you need. Top of-the-range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and noise-canceling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A flexible training policy, free books, and a budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave & daycare solutions (France only).