In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world(e)To do so we've built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more(e)Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as the commodity storage.
To support this endeavor we have teams in more than 7 countries and 8 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York)(e)With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do
The Revenue Operations Teams, which is tracking and maintaining all revenue data, is seeking a BI Developer to lead the way in building all sales and revenue data and metrics in our new data warehouse (Snowflake) and transitioning many of our reporting from salesforce, google sheets and google data studio to our new BI tool.
As a BI Developer, You will have a very good exposure to the business side and how the data is used by the different teams and, at the same time, help keep up to date with any changes in the way we see or calculate metrics(e)Other stakeholders and users of this data are the Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product Specialist, Product, Product Strategy and Finance teams and Leadership.
You will work closely with the internal tools team that developed the data warehouse and the ETL pipeline and ensure your work is aligned with the company standards.
With your experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructure, you will play a key role in upleveling the way internal data is being used by different internal and external teams and stakeholders(e)
• Transform raw data from Salesforce and other sources into structured tables and meaningful insights using SQL and BI tools
• Design and provide reports and dashboards to improve business performance and processes
• Collaborate with multiple teams members to define needs and specifications to build up impactful dashboards
• Provide ad-hoc data support, analysis and reporting consultancyAccurate and thorough testing of deliverables with related documentation
• Support teams using self-service data analytics to drive efficient development of queries and ad-hoc reporting
You are or have...
• At least 3 years of experience with business intelligence, data environments, analytics and dashboards (high-growth startup, tech or SaaS environments highly preferred)
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Information Systems, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics etc.
• Excellent experience in SQL scripting to support existing and deliver new functionality
• Proven expertise in building reports and BI analysis with tools such as Tableau, Looker etc.
• Advanced Excel/Google Sheet skills
• Attention to detail of a hawk and ability to structure, monitor and validate data to ensure data integrity
• A bright, analytical mindset, able to quickly grasp concepts, think creatively about solutions, dissect data in multiple ways and identify trends
• Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced structure with a strong desire to grow along with the company
• Git experience is a plus
• Experience with modern data warehousing techniques (dimensional data modelling, experience with ETL, etc.) and Snowflake is a plus
• Be humble - We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others - We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility - We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold - We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements(e)Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment(e)We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community(e)We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.