Botify recherche des ingénieurs avec un bon niveau de français et d'anglais (à l'oral & à l'écrit) et mobiles à Paris (télétravail possible).
- Each member of the team is embedded in one of our squads, along with a Product Manager and developers, and participates in the full development process of every new feature or project, from design and specifications to deployment(e)Each squad works in 2-weeks sprints with daily releases to production.
- The QA team is responsible for the GO/no GO to production.
- The QA team is responsible for automating non-regression tests to increase test coverage and reduce manual workload asking front-end developers to add automated tests as needed.
- The QA team coordinates with Technical Support to inform them of upcoming new features, and to get customer feedback in order to pick up improvement ideas to add to the development process.
- The QA team is in charge of assessing bugs discovered by non-tech Botifyers when they use the application and prioritizing the fixes.
At Botify, Data is key(e)We are importing, computing, and joining data in order to provide our customers with relevant insights and actions to perform on their website to increase their SEO visibility.
The Core Data squad is in charge of making our unified data model available to all (other squads for new products, partners, customers)(e)Key topics in the Core Data squad are ingesting a large variety of data, at large volumes which means scaling and providing mechanisms to access this in a unified and efficient way.
You are a data-driven person and you want to create relevant QA tooling to guarantee that the Core Data squad fulfills its mission.
You think "maintainable": you know the tests will increase and you prefer to create value and new relevant tests instead of refactoring too often(e)You set up integration tests that are relevant, automated and easy to maintain, and guarantee non-regression before each deployment(e)You add new tests and tweak existing tests over time(e)You also make UI verifications because you know the human eye catches bugs that automated tests will not identify.
Your technical approach is a nice mix of pragmatism (MVP, KISS) and thoroughness (DRY, tests FIRST)(e)You prefer iterative development and continuous refactoring, you hate tunnel work.
- Iterate with the squad during kick-off and later specification phases, coordinate with the developers to identify potential bugs and corner cases before the development starts
- Define scenarios for manual tests on new features and bugs/regressions and acceptance criteria
- Define test datasets
- Execute manual tests of features after their development and developer review
- Execute non-regression tests
- Identify risks and regression candidates, define and develop automated tests to cover them.
You will spend 30% of your time in squad ceremonies and feature meetings (kick-offs, 3A, technical meetings), 30% in exploratory tests and 40% in developing automated tests(e)Automated tests will mainly focus on the backend and the API.
Some typical squad projects
Design and implement a scalable data science self-service platform.
Complement our batch platform with a streaming architecture.
Design our data integration platform for customers and partners.
- Good written and spoken communication skills (you’ll be in touch with product, development and DevOps teams)
- You’ve worked before in Agile methodology (scrum mostly).
- You have full knowledge of web-based platforms and Cloud tools: AWS, Google Cloud Platform(e)
- You’re autonomous in writing data queries (we mostly use BigQuery, PostgreSQL, and a custom DSL).
- You have a taste for analytics platforms, data validation and backend stacks and tests.
- You have a successful experience in setting up tools for backend and infrastructure tests, integration or end-to-end testing (we rely on CI/CD, Jira, Git and Linux environments).
- You have full professional proficiency in spoken and written English, and French.
- You have a keen sense of the quality of service and user experience, an analytical mindset, and you are able to prioritize topics.
- You’re able to read and understand the code produced by the Core Data developers.
- You participate in the code review process.
- You even participate in the development, for a small number of tickets, as a way to discover and stay up-to-date with the codebase.
We have a strong culture of sharing: As part of the engineering team, we participate in customer support and bug triaging/mitigation a few weeks per year(e)We also collaborate with our data science and analytics teams, give talks, animate workshops, coach other team members, and of course are very creative during our hackathons.
To read more about our engineering team, visit our Medium Blog
What We Offer
To keep our employees happy and motivated, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive(e)Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Location: brand new offices in the center of Paris (12 rue d’Amsterdam, straight out of Gare Saint-Lazare)
- Flexible Remote Policy & Working Hours
- Attractive Remuneration Package with BSPCE (for Permanent full-time role - CDI)
- Fun office culture & regular outings such as Team Off-Sites, Annual Kick-Off, Quarterly Team Lunch, Thirsty Thursdays etc.
- Lunch vouchers, 50% of transportation reimbursement, fitness classes, generous CSE advantages etc.
- Compelling growth perspectives
- Start date: as soon as possible
Founded in 2012, Botify built the interface and methodology that automatically connects the enterprise websites with all the major search engines to drive sustainable and profitable results from the organic search channel.
Botify’s unified data model, prescriptive insights, and automated processes are used by hundreds of the world’s largest enterprises spanning industries including e-commerce (REI, Macy’s, Farfetch), e-travel (Expedia, TUI), media (Axel Springer, Condé Nast, Refinery29), marketplace/classifieds (eBay, RetailMeNot, Monster), and digital agencies (Merkle, iProspect, GroupM).
A fast-growing, VC-backed, SaaS company with $82M in funding, Botify has offices in New York, Seattle, Paris, London, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney.