We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone.
Join the mission(e)
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3(e)Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos(e)Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 700 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency(e)Have a look at our Origins video here
We are looking for a backend developer(e)You will be responsible for developing and scaling a backend applications to allow hundreds thousand people to process their transaction in the cryptocurrency world(e)
Do you want to develop high performance solutions ? Thriving for the best software quality is a requirement for your day to day tasks(e)Join of team, be part of one of the world’s pioneer in one of the most innovative technology sectors!
You will join the backend services team which is in charge of building services that power Ledger products(e)
The team is composed of passionate Engineers who believe into the benefits and strength of functional programming to develop robust and scalable platform and APIs(e)
We are convinced that being an engineer is also taking time to challenge, discuss and share about what we are working on(e)We take time to have each week a dedicated knowledge sharing meeting and participate actively in the Scala community (Meetups, Conferences, etc…).
- Build highly available, consistent and performant services to power Ledger’s products
- Provide services to explore the contents of blockchain and provide wallet like features support of many cryptos (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Tezos, Stellar …)
- Leverage all the power of functional programming with Scala and the Typelevel stack.
- Conduct benchmarks to identify bottlenecks and optimize the overall performance of our services
- Deliver high quality piece of software (Test it, Document it, Demonstrate it)
- Design monitoring systems to detect unexpected failures / behavior
- Use CI / CD to deploy and secure workflows
What we’re looking for
- 3-5 years of experience in backend robust development
- Scala, Haskell or functional programming experience is a nice to have
- Java developers who are willing to dive into Scala technologies are welcome
- Database knowledge: SQL / NoSQL
- Adaptability to do teamwork in a fast-evolving environment
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience with continuous integration / deployment solutions
- You are autonomous, proactive and capable of self-training
- Knowledge of Containerization and Cloud deployments
- Having an interest in cryptocurrencies and wishing to work with blockchain technology is a real plus
- Enthusiastic about teamwork, learning and teaching (meet-ups, hackathons, trainings …)
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age(e)