Who are we?
PayFit simplifies payroll management and HR processes for SMBs(e)PayFit is an automated SaaS solution to help business owners and HR professionals save time and money allowing them to refocus on what really matters: their employees(e)Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to support the digital transformation of HR management through our ever growing range of product features and services(e)We have a strong presence in France and have been quickly growing in Germany, Spain and in the UK(e)With 7,000 customers in 4 countries, we are one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in Europe.
Today, we are more than 900 employees at PayFit and we all share four core values:
• Care for each other
• Always stay humble
• Strive for excellence
• Live and work with passion
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and an environment that enables fulfillment in freedom & responsibility.
You'll be joining User Guidance Squad 🦮
Get onboard of the PayFit rocket by joining our User Guidance Team as a Senior fullstack software engineer.
Our team is part of the Foundations tribe, whose mission is to "make PayFit easy to build, easy to use".
Our squad is composed of 2 passionate and dynamic Engineers and the squad tri-force : the Engineering Team Lead, the Product Manager and the Product Designer.
We are part of the User Autonomy stream, our mission is to help our users be more autonomous with the product and rely less on human support.
To give you more context, here is what we are working on:
• A new self-onboarding experience for our customers, our goal is to make the onboarding flow self-sufficient.
• A notification system to follow up on onboarding completion.
• A new data ingestion system to automate the collection of payroll data during onboarding in a reliable way.
What will be your role?
Your mission will be to contribute to the whole development process (from system design to delivery and monitoring).
• Design, develop, test and maintain robust APIs and services for maximum reliability, resilience and scalability with security in mind.
• Work with a Product Manager & Product Designer on feature development & product initiatives.
• Participate actively in defining the architecture vision to better support our growing user base and scale accordingly.
• Maintain a high level of quality through extreme programming (XP) software development methodology, documentation and pairing.
• Promote our engineering culture and best practices.
For the day-to-day work, we use:
, NestJS, Nx, React, Docker, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, AWS, MongoDB, GraphQL...
Code collaboration: GitHub, CircleCI
Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion, Miro, Whimsical
Communication: Slack, Zoom
Design tool: Figma
This job has been tailored for you if
You have the following qualities :
• You have had exposure to architectural patterns of efficient, large and high-scale systems (Design Patterns, Microservices, Databases...)
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and product-driven engineer who is interested in solving problems and delivering value while taking into account business <> tech tradeoffs.
• Best Practices: You are an organized, rigorous engineer who follows best practices regarding code quality, clean architecture, testing, monitoring, code reviews and CI/CD.
• Impact Maker: You are creative, passionate about building things and want to help build an innovative product and experiences used by thousands of users.
• Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a partially remote team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues (Product Manager and Product Designer)
• Curiosity: You are a curious, open-minded and motivated engineer who is eager to learn and introduce new tools and methodologies where it can help us grow.
• Languages: You are fluent in English, French is optional.
We would be even more impressed if you are:
• Event-Driven Architecture and Domain Driven Design aficionado.
• Have experience in Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud providers (AWS for example), GitOps.
• Have experience in relational databases (Postgresql for example).
, React or any front-end framework.
• Have experience in working with Design systems
Validation of the application
1 - HR Phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist(e)(30-45mins)
2 - Meet Badr, the Engineering Team Lead of the squad (30-45mins, visio)
3 - A system design interview followed by a short pair programming session with two engineers from the team (60-90mins, visio)
4 -Meet Margot and Thomas, Product Manager and Product Designer & meet with Pierre, Engineering director of the foundations tribe (60mins, visio)
Last step - Background check to verify your identity, diploma and past professional experience in the context of our ISO27001 certification
What we offer
• An international and dynamic team with the opportunity to visit our different offices (Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, London)
• A Work From Anywhere policy to allow for flexibility! Depending on your contract, live and work permanently in one of our 4 countries of your choice or work abroad up to six months a year!
• 150 euros equipment budget to comfortably work from home
• A gym at our Paris office and a Gymlib membership with preferential rates
• Restaurant tickets card (Swile)
• 20 weeks of maternity leave supported by PayFit and 4 weeks of partner leave (Signed the Parental Act)
• Health insurance (supported to 60% by PayFit)
• One day per year dedicated to volunteer for an association
• A fulfilling and inclusive workplace, offering equal opportunities for any minority, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation(e)Don’t forget: everyone fits at PayFit!