Senior Software Engineer
TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia, with a network of more than 80,000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
From the restaurants’ side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food(e)We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community(e)We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
In this context, we are looking for a Fullstack JS Developer (NodeJS/ReactJS) with experience on a high traffic website.
- You will contribute to design features with your team,
- You will take part in the implementation of the new features of our products,
- You will be working on TFM3: our software used by 55k restaurants to daily manage their bookings.
What technologies are we using?
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API.
- Our front-end solutions are built upon ReactJS, Redux, LESS/SASS, Grunt and Webpack, ES6, respecting BEM methodology over material design style guides,
- Our back-end technical stack relies mainly on NodeJS and PHP /Symfony for legacy(e)We also use relational databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL), memcache, RabbitMQ,
- Our architecture is micro-service oriented with GraphQl API,
- Our websites and servers are monitored with New Relic and ad hoc probes for specific needs,
- We monitor applications through ELK,
- We are using unit, functional and integration testing to have quality proof software,
- We are well advanced in the process of migrating to Kubernetes and AWS for orchestration and hosting,
- We use JIRA and Confluence,
- We are using capistrano, jenkins, docker, chef, vagrant to setup our continuous integration system,
- Our infrastructure is based on a scalable horizontal architecture to serve our customers in 12 countries.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the pull requests you will submit.
Who you are ?
- You are experienced with NodeJS,
- You are experienced with ReactJS, Flux, Redux,
- You are an expert in native JS,
- You care about security, quality and performance,
- Applies progressive enhancement philosophy,
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, and stimulated by working as a team,
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in english.
- Nice to have
- Knowledge about Typescript & GraphQL APIs
- You know the Scrum methodology
- Ability to manage complexity in a large project
- Experience working with remote teams
- You contribute to open source or know many open source bundle,
- You have a good knowledge of the concepts and technologies of relational database, SQL, query optimization, etc.,
- You have a first experience of no-sql systems or on SOLR, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Memcached, Redis,
- Notions in responsive programming is a plus.
What we offer ?
- Being part of hyper growth digital player, headquartered in Paris, with strong international presence and with a winning company culture (balance long-term perspective with accountability, leverage learning & innovation, increase internal cohesion, build a caring environment)
- Attractive salary & bonus based on performance, Restricted Stock Units
- Meet-up & Conferences
- Cool and cosy offices located in the heart of Paris (9eme)
- RTT, flexible hours, home-office
- Ping-pong, "babyfoot", video games, board games, free massage, yoga, cross training and boxe lessons, afterworks, theater courses, global european seminars.