We’re the world's leading carsharing platform, with millions of users around the world, sharing thousands of cars in over 950 cities across 8 countries.
Our mission is simple: Make our cities better places to live through carsharing.
Carsharing empowers people to move in a smarter and more sustainable way: studies show that one shared car replaces between 4 and 10 privately owned cars, which frees up space in our cities while giving communities 24/7 access to cars when they need them.
With our connected car technology, users can quickly and easily book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app, without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys.
To reach our vision of a world where all cars are shared, we need a strong team to help us disrupt car ownership(e)We look for people who are curious, positive, and engaged; who can adapt and learn quickly; who have the skills and smarts to reach their goals autonomously, while having the generosity and mindset to work collaboratively(e)No matter your role, background, or level of experience, we believe that every member of the team can have an impact.
We’re extremely proud to be certified a “Great Place to Work” in 2022!
What you'll work on
- Internal collaboration: You’ll work closely with our Office Manager for initiatives or issues related to IT Systems.
- Device Management: You’ll be managing the IT equipment and endpoints at the Paris office(e)This equipment includes laptops, mobile devices, printers, meeting rooms setup, TVs, and network gear
- Inventory Management: You’ll work on building an IT equipment inventory and developing a process to accurately track inventory
- Network Management: Monitor and administer our current network in the Paris office
- User Lifecycle Management: You’ll be part of the team managing the employee onboarding and offboarding including equipment procurement and de-provisioning (laptop, accessories), software access (account creation and removal), Maintenance of equipment
- Internal Events: You’ll be responsible for the setup of our internal corporate events (monthly All Hands, weekly Stand-up)(e)You’ll work on the setup of these events, as well as their internal livestream and recording.
- Vendor Relationship: You will act as our escalation point for issues related to external providers(e)You will be the point of contact for interactions with those third-party vendors
- Ticketing: You will work on troubleshooting incidents faced by Getarounders from our internal IT Helpdesk platform(e)You will answer their technical questions, and help them resolve their issues(e)You will also diagnose and resolve issues related to IT equipment, such as network gear.
- Oncall: You will act as the front-line IT agent, and deal with emergency situations as they come in order to resolve major incidents as soon as possible(e)Some of those incidents require physical intervention to be resolved.
Who you’ll be working with
- You will report to Michael, our VP of Engineering (EU)
- You will be trained by Hichem, a contractor, with 10y of XP in IT
- You'll work day-to-day with Laura our office manager, as well as people from the HR departments.
What you’ll bring to the team
- We’re looking for someone junior, with 0 to 1 year of experience
- We want to work with someone who values human interaction and puts the user first
- We want our next IT Technician to be pedagogical, passionate, and patient with their colleagues (even the less tech-savvy ones)
- We want to work with someone autonomous, and with a great analytical mind
- Rigor, responsiveness, and sociability are also traits we want to find in our next IT recruit.
- Comfortable with the English language (written and spoken)
IT at Getaround
- Equipment: Apple laptops (macOS), Apple smartphones (iOS), Asus Chromebox for meeting rooms (ChromeOS)
- Software / SaaS: Google Workspace (Communication and collaboration); Gmail, Google Drive, G Docs etc(e)Slack (instant messaging), Freshservice (IT Helpdesk), 1Password (Password management), Notion (internal wiki)
Why join us
- 🌎 Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco and an office in Oslo(e)We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- 🌱 The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change(e)Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions(e)In France, an independent study (ADEME) has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- 🧠 A place to learn and grow with weekly 1 on 1 meeting with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- 💰 Competitive salary based on your level of experience
- 🌐 An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium, and Austria.
- 🏡 A remote-friendly policy: This position is based in our Paris office with up to 3 days of remote work per week (we’re also open to full remote applications).
- 📝 A monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- 🤝 Getaround is committed to equal opportunity(e)We value and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion of all our Getarounders
- 🗓 A €200 annual credit and unlimited 20% vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- 💫 Health insurance
- 🏝 RTT
- 🍽 A Swile lunch card
- 💻 5%Apple equipment