We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission(e)
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3(e)Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos(e)Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 900 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency(e)Have a look at our Origins video here
This role is part of the Global Communications team, which is responsible for Ledger’s consumer communication, defining our consumer strategy, articulating it through product marketing, brand experience, and education, and delivering it across different media and channels(e)The role reports directly into the VP, Communications, and works globally and cross-functionally to help the emerging millions of users join Web3.
As the Head of Brand Design, you will be responsible for leading the visual identity and strategy of how Ledger comes to life, building our long-term vision as well as structuring and managing a team that is capable of delivering at the highest quality and meeting KPIs(e)We believe that in order for people to understand product adoption, there must be cultural authority and therefore a brand that has clear recognition, beauty and utility to partners, and striking differentiation in the market(e)All of these are elements we expect the Head of Brand Design to continue to establish with great discernment and collaboration(e)This is a global role, based in Paris, France, working closely with key partners across the world.
- Develop and be responsible for all Ledger brand and product campaigns, visual identity, and collaborating with all partners
- Evolve an existing brand to up-level relevance and execution strength
- Make even tactical asset execution on-brand and exciting
- Develop the skills, talents, and careers of the designers on your team and coaching them to success and impact
- Work with cross-functional Program Managers to manage designers' work loads
- Participate in strategic decision making and planning for brand development
- Prioritize design and creative time among many potential projects, and know when and how to say No (and Yes).
- Source, onboard, and achieve great impact from select contractors and agencies
- Hold the highest quality bar for all work and set the standard for the company (while empowering and expecting the rest of the company to do their part, too)
- Work with Product Design team to appropriately incorporate brand design language into the product
- Build brand deck and guidelines to maintain consistency and visual identity for the business
- Extremely creative and nimble mindset, not satisfied with previous campaigns or sameness, but building brand design vision that sets the standard for Web3
- Hire, structure and manage a team that builds relationships towards cross-functional collaboration with internal departments (Whole sale, [Ledger] Market, Affiliates, Brand Experience, Globalization, UX Design, etc.)
- Collaborate with artists, creatives, community builders and event organizers to show Ledger’s commitment to hiring Web3 artists from the different communities for our work
- Oversee the development of monthly/quarterly platform reports to track progress, address priorities and provide an overview for executives
What we're looking for
- Someone with demonstrable experience leading visual identity and strategy who can advocate for design thinking at Ledger
- Experience managing or leading a team of other designers operationally with a focus on development and mentorship
- An eye for talent - this team will grow, and you'll be the key person bringing the best design talent to Ledger
- Have experience working across different teams both internally and externally - you may be working with Program Managers one minute, and then contractors and agencies the next!
- A positive, dependable figure in the organisation who can communicate clearly
- An interest or experience in Web3 or crypto (nice to have)
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.