🎨Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World(e)The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market(e)Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 200+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture(e)We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market(e)We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
🚀 Why Tech & Product at Convelio is fundamental and exciting
Our company is technology-driven and is growing the Product & Tech teams to build new digital solutions for both its clients and its suppliers in the art industry. We have different great products in constant communication, that are developed to bring the fine-art market to a whole new level.
We are building tech for:
Art sellers, with our Instant Quoting tool for their shipping - a revolution in a market where shipping is slow, complex and opaque(e)Also, our API allows art galleries, auction houses and other art sellers to display our shipping prices directly on their website - a way to bring transparency and speed into their processes.
Art-shippers, to help our suppliers manage their operations easier thanks to data and process automation, gain in efficiency and save time on low added value tasks
Art-logisticians (us!), to automate most of the logistics chain, improve internal processes for our teams and design an enjoyable working experience...and a lot more!
Shipping is considered as one of the biggest challenges in growing the online art market(e)We believe technology will provide unmatched customer experience through digital services and optimize operations efficiency through automation of logistics.
Our main engineering challenges :
• Integrate with major Internet marketplaces’ APIs
• Migrate from PHP 7.4 to 8
• Explore microservice architecture
• Ensure availability of our services on multiple regions
• Implement DDD
• Migrate our Backend framework to Symfony
👉 What your team will look like
By being part of Convelio, you’ll join a growing and passionate Tech team of 20 people, whose mission is to improve and maintain the Convelio platforms, working hand in hand with the Product team.
Balance between hands-on development, architecture knowledge and coaching(e)The Tech lead provides high-level technical guidance across the team(e)Within a field of competency(e)They can usually anticipate and plan for technical problems(e)They are highly knowledgeable in major parts of our technology stack and are the technical owner of significant components of our code base.
✏️ What you'll do
Handle Tech and Product Roadmap
• Take part in the Delivery lifecycle of features, from problem definition with Product to deployment in production with the DevOps team
• Work in tandem with your Product Manager and Engineering Manager to define priorities and groom the backlog
• Work with the Squad engineers to distribute tasks and tickets according to preference, workload and area of expertise
Contribute to the development of new features
• Use state-of-the-art practices to develop new features (mostly in React, possibly with a bit of React Native and PHP) and push them to production
• Take part in the definition of best practices, patterns and architecture choices together with Tech Leads and Senior developers
• Implement new tooling / libraries to make Dev Experience easier
Tech Mentoring, Adoption and Alignment
• Mentor less experienced developers
• Perform Code Reviews and Feedbacks
⛏️ Our technical stack includes...
- Application Framework: React, Angular, Symfony
- Testing: Jest, Cypress, PHPUnit, Behat
- Data Storage: MySQL
- Hosting: Google Cloud Platform
- Tools: Docker, Terraform, Datadog, Github, SonarQube
- Project management: Product Board, Trello, Notion
🌍 What we Offer
- Possibility to work remotely as much as you want (also after Covid-19!)
- If you want to come to the office: we do have a very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in: new bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
- Mac or PC of your choice, it’s up to you!
- We can select the IDE of your choice for you to work with
- A dynamic team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets to learn from
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes and development strategy
- The chance to work in an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company : it’s a key moment to join Convelio in terms of growth and opportunities.
- Healthcare complement with Alan
- Meal vouchers with Swile (6€/worked day, free of charges)
- Regular team buildings even when working remotely (escape games, video games, remote painting initiation, summer/christmas parties...)
🧑🎨 Preferred Experience
- 6+ years of experience in Fullstack Development
- You have experience with React
- You have a proven track record of leading several team projects from conception to deployment into production
- You speak English fluently
Nice if you already have it, but if not we can train you on
- Experience using Testing, DDD and Hexagonal Architecture in a professional context
- Knowledge and experience around databases concepts and SQL
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform or any other public cloud is a plus
- You like to chat with non-technical people - at Convelio, we are deeply convinced we won’t be able to build a great product without interacting with other teams.
📑 Recruitment process
- First 30 minutes phone call with recruiter
- Technical Test to take at home and debrief
- Meet the team (Product and Tech members)
- 1 hour interview with VP of Engineering
- A final step would be Reference checks
-> Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our latest fundraising announcement from our founders
-> Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer(e)We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics(e)We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking(e)We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.