Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of more than 650, powering operations in 16 countries (and counting!).
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised $884 million, with a valuation of $5.7 billion(e)Our mission is simple: empowering people to buy tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics(e)Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact
Be part of a great and growing adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
The Core Services team is technically a new one but it is the result of the split of a larger team(e)
As such, there is already a roadmap as well as a set of identified tools and services to continue to work.
This team is part of the platform tribe and its mission is to develop libraries, services or tooling to allow product engineering teams to focus on their specific business perimeter.
In its growth, this team of 5 engineers is now looking for an Engineering Manager !
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🥇
- Help your team grow collectively and individually ;
- Build and deliver high quality software ;
- Identify needs and priorities with stakeholders (developers, product engineering teams) ;
- Continuously adapt all of those, based on your observation, experience and feedback from the team, to make sure they’re always relevant and adapted to the evolutions of the team ;
- Stay in touch with other teams in your tribe (Dev Experience, Identity, QA Core...) and outside of your tribe (Data, SRE, IT, product engineering teams, etc…) to define the roadmap.
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF: ⭐
- You are people-first oriented and know how to build and run a high-performing team ;
- You embrace the servant leadership principles as much as you value empathy and cordial debates over a "top-down" management posture ;
- Production health is a priority for you ;
- You have good engineering skills : the team is quite tech-oriented, it will be necessary to understand enough of the technical issues and challenges the team is facing(e)We're evolving in a Python and/or Go and/or TypeScriptWeb and CloudNative environment (e.g(e)Kubernetes, IaC, AWS), having a good knowledge in some of these would be a real plus ;
- You have great communication skills in English (French is a bonus).
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence(e)It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, #remote friendly company, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.