TheFork, part of the Tripadvisor group, is the leading online restaurants booking platform in Europe and Australia(e)We are present in +12 countries with 60 000 partner restaurants with a mission to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences(e)Creator of a unique model that has disrupted the restaurant industry, we put innovation at the heart of our ambitious growth.
Thanks to TheFork (app/web), millions of diners can easily discover, book and pay for the right restaurant at the right price, and thousands of restaurant owners benefit from our solutions to optimize reservation management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and boost revenue.
Why join us?
You are passionate about technology and comfortable in an international and agile environment? You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS service for several thousand customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users? You will join a dynamic and agile team located in London, Paris and Milan? You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees, cares about their career and values sharing.
As a member of the DB Ops team, you will be responsible for:
- The maintenance and operation of TheFork database infrastructure both in Production and development environments.
- Scalability of our infrastructure to answer our international growth
- Performance and cost optimization of our cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Security aspects of the databases and backups
- Real time supervision and monitoring
- Help the development teams with support of their projects
- Incident analysis and resolution
- You have good experience as Database Administrator/Developer for high traffic enterprise based on PostgreSQL/MySQL and understand the importance of tuning and enhancing the engines.
- You have very good knowledge of the AWS product offerings, specifically RDS and the implementation.
- You are familiar with at least one configuration management tool (chef, ansible, puppet, terraform…)
- You are familiar with using Jenkins as a CI/CD enabler.
- You will be proactive in matters of security and the evolution of the platform.
- You are rigorous, dynamic, curious and with a team spirit allowing you to benefit fully from the freedom offered by agility.
- You speak fluent English and are able to communicate effectively with your foreign colleagues
Nice to have
- Scripting experience in Python/Bash
- MSSQL Experience
- MS SSIS
- Docker or/and Kubernetes experience
- Confidence with Kibana or Grafana
What we offer?
- Being part of hyper growth digital player with international teams and with a winning company culture (balance long-term perspective with accountability, leverage learning & innovation, increase internal cohesion, build a caring environment)
- Attractive salary & bonus based on performance
- Restricted Stock Units
- Meet-up & Conferences
- Flexible hours, home-office
- Lifestyle benefit
- Health Coverage
- Life and long term disability insurance
- Linkedin learning access
- Employee assistance plan & worklife (Optum)
- Viator’s discount
- Hertz gold plus reward membership
- Calm app access