Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of more than 650, powering operations in 16 countries (and counting!).
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised $884 million, with a valuation of $5.7 billion(e)Our mission is simple: empowering people to buy tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics(e)Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact
Be part of a great and growing adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
Data is a key enabler for a company like Back Market(e)Do you want to help your team build reliable, high-performing and secure data infrastructures and tools? Do you want to have a meaningful impact through your job? Here is your opportunity.
Data engineering at Back Market is split into three teams, based on their stakeholders: Customer (Back Market’s end users), Supply (sellers at Back Market), and Finance & Customer Care(e)We are looking for a manager to lead the Supply data team (data engineers and analytics engineers) and develop this scope from end to end(e)The supply data scope includes all data (from collecting to serving the data to internal and external stakeholders like our sellers) linked to the Back Market catalog, sellers’ performance and the pricing of our offer.
This senior team of 5 people is distributed between our different offices and full remote.
What you'll be doing :
- Managers at Back Market build sustainable and efficient teams, by empowering people and building the proper environment.
- Collaborating with your product manager and your stakeholders: the BI, and other tribes to align the team with company objectives and initiatives across engineering and the wider business
- Ensuring the development of people and teams through open communication, feedback, and continuous coaching
- Creating an inclusive team environment, where team members feel like they belong and are supported to do their best work
- Working in an agile "build it and run it" environment where engineering teams build, launch, monitor and support the sections they own
- Working with the team to identify and make improvements in our processes, practices, and product
- Help your team take the right technical decisions thanks to a strong technical data background
You are in the right place if :
- You are people-first oriented and know how to build and run a high-performing team ;
- You embrace the servant leadership principles as much as you value empathy and cordial debates over a "top-down" management posture ;
- Production health is a priority for you ;
- You are able to understand the tech challenges of your team and guide them through decisions(e)Our stack is AWS (Lambda, dynamodb), GCP (Big Query, Data Catalog), Spark (Delta), Terragrunt, Terraform, Datadog, Python, Scala.
- You have great communication skills in English
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence(e)It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, #remote friendly company, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.