BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road(e)We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 100 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network(e)Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year(e)But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment(e)We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative(e)So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
By joining our Foundations department, you will be working alongside talented individuals grouped in small agile teams that each have strong ownership on their stack and goals(e)
Foundations is composed of six teams which “provide consistent, easy to use, secure infrastructure, services, and expertise to support BlaBlaCar’s growth and evolution”.
The Security Team has three main objectives, driving the security team roadmap:
- Reduce BlaBlaCar risk exposure by defining and implementing a strategy to identify, report and tackle the most critical risks
- Implement a shift-left strategy and autonomy within the teams via training, guidelines and tooling
- Detect, investigate and respond to security incidents
By design, the role requires a global vision of BBC perimeter, risks and regulation(e)You will have to ensure that the security practices and security frameworks are well implemented across our various business lines or locations(e)To accomplish the security mission, some of the processes / framework are directly operated by the security team, while others are delegated within the organization.
To fulfill the mission, you will be working with several stakeholders :
- The Legal team, as a daily partner
- The IT Ops team to deploy security tools and best practices to all employees and contractors
- The Product & Engineering teams , working with each service team to ensure our product and our user's data are secure and protected.
- Core Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform
- GitOps/Delivery: GitHub, Terraform, Flux, Helm, Jenkins
- Datastores: MariaDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka
- Observability: Datadog, PagerDuty
- Languages: Go for Infra/Tooling, Java and PHP for backend services(e)Go and Python for the custom security tooling.
- Security tooling : SentinelOne, Splunk, OneLogin, PrismaCloud, Snyk, Datadome, Sysdig
- IT environment: Windows, MacOS and Chromebook with a BeyondCorp- inspired vision
- Plan and implement comprehensive security strategies.
- Manage the security team (3 Individual Contributors) and the associated cost center (security tools contract management and financial follow up)
- Ensure a strong coordination with department managers to determine security needs and ensure security strategy is well understood and implemented.
- Define a middle to long-term Security strategy which would fit with BBC values(e)A key aspect would be to preserve team autonomy while leveraging the very strong “you build it, you run it” culture.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and security industry regulations or recommendations
- Proven track record of team management and leadership skills
- Advanced ability to coordinate responses to security breaches and threats
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to explain complex security subjects to non-technical people
- Global and broad knowledge in security on main attacks vectors and associated defense strategies
- Knowledge on security/privacy regulations and standards (GDPR, PCI…)
- Relevant experience in a company operating large-scale production systems and web services
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment: 45 nationalities across 6 countries: Brazil, France, Poland, Russia, Spain, and Ukraine
- .⚖️ A flexible workplace: with our hybrid remote setup and family-friendly policies, we are masters of our own schedules and work-life balance, no questions asked.
- 💡 A culture of sharing: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, Q&A sessions with our leadership, shared company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- 🚀 Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make dev’ dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- 🌱 Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- 💜 People-first: wind down from work at our weekly breakfasts and afterworks, or show off your talent at our annual BlaBlaShow.
- 🧭 Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal(e)Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like.
Your Future Benefits
We offer benefits that have a positive impact on you and our society, just like our product!
We are flexible - We adapt to your needs:
- 🏠Full remote possible within your country of employment
- 💵Home office financial support for equipment
- 🚗Relocation package & visa support
We are impactful - We shape our future together:
- 📈Equity for all program
- 💻Learning possibilities through trainings, mentoring, internal development programs, and events.
- 🚌Free carpooling and bus rides
We care - We care about you and your needs:
- 👶1 month additional parental leave 100% paid
-🌴25 vacation days per year
- Of course we also cover the basics like transportation, healthcare, meal plan, etc.
*Full remote: work from anywhere in France
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer(e)We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.